Friday, December 30, 2011

page 213

 

Hello, haven't written here in some time. Hope you all had a nice Christmas. As for me I've been at home for the past few weeks on winter holiday. I haven't been cooking quite so much, but my family has been baking a lot - scones, quick bread, biscotti... I'll post pictures of the spoils sometime this week.

My dad gave me Jamie Oliver's Meals in Minutes book for Christmas, and it's filled with all sorts of delicious treats. I did a variation on page 213 for dinner tonight - super fast beef hash, lovely butter beans and bacon, and Jamie's goddess salad with a dressing made with sour cream, avocado, and lemon.

 

The butter bean dish was my favorite - very creamy and hearty and lots of yummy cooked tomatoes. Really good with crusty bread, an alternative beans on toast, if you will. This is the kind of food I imagine hobbits to eat ("oh that's nice... ash on my toe-mah-toes!").

The dressing for the salad (see below) was tangy and creamy and fruity and kind of nutty all at once. It was a delicious mix of avocado, sour cream, the juice of a lemon, olive oil, salt, and pepper.

Yum yum yum. A feast!

 

1 comment:

  1. Jamie Oliver:
    "The Naked Chef" ('s) Dressing for Dinner!....

    ReplyDelete