Thursday, December 8, 2011

diy gift wrap


Just one final exam stands between me and the last month long Christmas holiday I'll ever have. Naturally, I've been procraftinating and watching A Charlie Brown Christmas and drinking coffee to avoid studying.

It's working pretty well.

On Tuesday, I made wrapping paper and gift tags with some of the fly femmes at the Cornell Women's Resource Center. I'm convinced that this is the best DIY project I would never have done on my own.

With just a handful of supplies, such as...
  • a big roll of butcher paper (okay, granted, I have no idea where one purchases butcher paper unless you're a teacher but I suppose you could always improvise with brown grocery bags),
  • stamps (or make your own with potatoes and vegetables - the possibilities are endless),
  • ink pads (I'm really in love with the metallic gold ink I used... it didn't go on very smooth but you know, as Jamie Oliver always says, I like it a bit more rustic anyway),
  • glitter glue, stickers, maybe even some scrapbooking paper if you're feeling fancy
...you too can say goodbye to commercial gift wrap! Perfect for the wrapping paper savers in your life.

 

2 comments:

  1. So cute! I love beautifully wrapped things. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks soooh appetizing....
    wished it was edible!!...

    ReplyDelete